I’m always looking for ideas for healthy snacks for the kids (and me!), and this is one of our favourites. They’re usually called ‘cheese sticks,’ but if you can’t have cheese, just leave it out and call them snack sticks! They’re still yummy.
Note: You can find Fine sea salt for this recipe in my online store here!
1. Preheat oven to moderate heat (180 degrees C).
2. Mix together in Thermomix, speed 5 for 20 seconds:
– 1 cup of grated tasty cheese (if using – can be grated first in Thermomix)
– 230g spelt flour (w/meal, white, or mixture)
– 1/2 t salt
– 1/2 tsp mustard powder (opt.)
– cayenne pepper to taste (opt.)
– 1/3 cup butter/ghee/olive oil
3. Barely mix in on speed 3:
– 3 T rice milk (or enough to form dough into a ball)
4. Roll out thinly on floured board or bread mat, sprinkle with:
– sesame seeds or poppy seeds,
then roll a little more to press seeds in.
5. Cut into strips (or whatever shapes you like) and place on un-greased oven trays.
6. Cook for 10-15 mins, or until lightly browned. Cool and eat!