‘Blender Batter’ Berry Cake GF & DF
350g raw brown rice
260g rice/ almond milk
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
50g of olive oil
280g raw honey
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1 cup of frozen mixed berries/ blueberries
100g raw almonds
100g of raw rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp rapadura
2 Tbsp macadamia oil
1. Place 200g of rice in Thermomix and blend on speed 9 for 1 minute. Set aside and grind remaining 150g of rice on speed 9 for 1 minute. Return first batch to Thermomix bowl. (It’s best to grind this amount of rice or grain in two batches so you don’t overload the blades.)
2. Add rice/almond milk, vinegar, olive oil, honey, the following ingredients and mix on speed 9 for 30 seconds.
3. Scrape down lids and sides of bowl, and leave batter to soak for a few hours or overnight, at room temperature. (I prefer to pour it into a glass bowl for soaking.) If you’re in a hurry it can be made without soaking – just add an extra minute of blending once you add the liquids.
4. Oil a large rectangular baking dish. Pre heat oven to 170 degrees C (325 degrees F)
5. Add eggs and re-blend for 2 minutes on high speed.
6. Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger to batter, and blend briefly but don’t over mix (5 seconds, speed 5)
7. Pour batter into baking pan and sprinkle over the top.
8. Don’t rinse out Thermomix/ blender; just place almonds into bowl and chop on speed 5 for 3-5 seconds.
9. Add oats, cinnamon, rapadura, oil and mix on speed 3 for 3 seconds.
10. Sprinkle over cake and place in oven. Cook for about 45 minutes, or until knife or toothpick comes out clean when poked into centre of cake. Enjoy!