1. Place chicken skin side up in roasting pan & brush with butter/oil:
– 1 large chicken, cut into pieces, or chicken thighs/breasts
– 2 Tbspns melted butter/ghee/olive oil
2. Bake for about 2 hours at 180° (350°) while preparing sauce.
Cashew Satay Sauce
3. Grind up in Thermomix for about 30 seconds on speed 7:
– 130g raw cashews
– 6 garlic cloves, peeled
– 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled
– 1 large bunch cilantro / flat leaf parsley / coriander (or mixture)
– 1 Tbspn extra virgin olive oil
– 40g Tamari
– 40g rice vinegar
– 400ml coconut cream/milk
5. When chicken is baked and golden, remove to a pre-heated platter and keep warm. Add to roasting pan and scrape bottom of pan to remove drippings:
– 2 cups chicken stock
– 1 Tbspn gelatin (optional)
6. Pour juices into Thermomix (with cashew sauce) and cook for 5 minutes at 90 degrees, speed 4. Season to taste.
7. Serve chicken on rice with cashew sauce poured over, and stir-fried veges, steamed veges, or salad on the side.