Baked Chicken with Cashew Satay Sauce
1 large chicken, cut into pieces, or chicken thighs/ breasts
2 Tbsp melted butter/ ghee or olive oil
Cashew Satay Sauce
130g raw cashews
6 garlic cloves, peeled
2 inches fresh ginger, peeled
2 inch piece of fresh red chilli (or to taste)
1 large bunch cilantro/ flat leaf parsley /coriander (or mixture)
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
40g rice vinegar
1 Tbsp chicken stock paste (or some chicken stock powder)
400ml coconut cream/ milk
2 cups chicken stock
1 Tbsp gelatin (optional)
1. Place chicken skin side up in roasting pan & brush with butter/oil, bake for about 2 hours at 180C (350 F) while prepping sauce.
2. Add cashews, garlic, ginger, chilli, cilantro, oil, tamari, vinegar and chicken stock paste in a Thermomix bowl and grind for 30 seconds/ speed 7.
3. Add coconut cream/ milk and blend for 10 seconds/ speed 8.
4. When chicken is baked and golden, remove to a pre-heated platter and keep warm. Add chicken stock and gelatin to roasting pan and scrape bottom of pan to remove drippings.
5. Pour all juices from roasting tray into Thermomix bowl (with cashew sauce) and cook for 5 minutes at 90 degrees/ speed 4. Season to taste.
6. Serve chicken on rice with cashew sauce poured over, and stir-fried or steamed veggies!