(Note: I make this in my Thermomix, but you can make it in a saucepan, then puree using a blender or hand-held processor.)
Yummy Pea & Lettuce Soup
2 – 3 organic garlic cloves
1 onion halved
2 Tbsp olive or macadamia oil
1 potato, quartered
1 carrot, quartered
1 lettuce, well washed and separated
300g frozen or fresh peas
A handful of fresh chives
A few sprigs of parsley or coriander (opt)
1 Tbsp vegetable stock concentrate (or veggie stock powder)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
150g sour cream substitute (or real sour cream or natural yoghurt)
1. Place garlic cloves and onion in Thermomix bowl and chop for 5 sec/ speed 5 (or chop by hand).
2. Add oil to bowl and sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes/ 100 degrees/ speed 1.
3. Add vegetables, and chop for 5 sec/ speed 5, use spatula to scrape down bowl.
4. Add in vegetable stock and water and cook for 20 minutes/ 100 degrees/ speed 1. (If chopping veggies by hand, and cooking in saucepan, simmer soup for about 30 minutes. Because veggies are chopped so fine in the Thermomix, they need less cooking time).
5. Slowly turn dial to speed 8 and blend soup for 30 seconds (or bend in blender or with hand-held processor).
6. Add in lemon juice and sour cream substitute and mix briefly.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!