This pie recipe has got to be the easiest I’ve ever made!! There’s no crust (so it’s gluten free, and even grain free), and the actual making of it takes a couple of minutes at the most! (Plus cooking time, of course.) The original recipe was for a pecan pie, with lots of corn syrup and sugar, which I changed to agave syrup and Rapadura, using a bit less, and adding some sea salt to cut the sweetness a little.
This recipe makes two pies if you use regular pie plates – I made one pecan and one macadamia. (Sorry, don’t have a photo of the pecan pie, it got eaten too quickly!) You can make it dairy free by using coconut oil instead of butter – a hint of coconut flavour goes well with macadamias.
- 3 cups of macadamia nuts or pecan nuts
- 150g Rapadura
- 350g agave syrup or rice malt syrup
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbspns butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 tspns vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- Cover the bases of two lined pie plates with a single layer of nuts.
- Place rapadura in Thermomix bowl and grind on speed 9 for 15 seconds.
- Place remaining ingredients in Thermomix bowl and mix on speed 6 for 20 seconds.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the nuts, dividing between two pans. Bake at 170 degrees C (325 degrees F) for 25 - 30 minutes, or until browned and firm to touch. Cool before slicing - store in fridge.