Menu Plan Monday – 2nd MarchMarch 1, 2010
Menu Plan Monday – 8th MarchMarch 8, 2010
Here’s one of our family favourites that I’ve been making for years, and just recently converted to the Thermomix. If you’re not too much into ‘sweet’ and ‘beef’ together, don’t worry, it’s not too sweet – it’s very savoury, rich and flavoursome. It takes a little longer to cook than most Thermomix meals, but you don’t have to watch it – you can go do something else while your dinner cooks itself!
I serve this on wholemeal spelt spaghetti or fettucine – if you have the time to make your own noodles, it tastes even better! Or if you’re gluten free, you can serve it on gf spaghetti/fettucini. We also like it with raw vegetable ‘noodles’ made with a spiralizer.
Serves at least six.
Sweet n Sour Beef with Noodles
- 650g tomatoes, halved
- 2 onions, halved
- 30g olive oil
- 600g diced steak
- reserved tomato puree
- 120g tomato paste
- 350g sliced carrots
- 1 Tablespoon shoyu (or tamari or soy sauce)
- 15g apple cider vinegar
- 20g Rapadura
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Puree tomatoes in Thermomix for 20-30 seconds on speed 9. Remove to a bowl.
- Chop onions for 2 seconds on speed 5.
- Saute onions in oil for 3 minutes at 100 degrees, speed 1.
- Add diced steak and cook for 10 minutes at 100 degrees, speed 1
- Add tomato puree, tomato paste, sliced carrots, shoyu, apple cider vinegar, Rapadura, dried Italian herbs, salt & pepper and cook for 40 minutes at 100 degrees, reverse, speed 1.
Quirky Cooking https://www.quirkycooking.com.au/