Creamy Chicken & Brown Rice Soup
Rice and almond flour
- 50g of raw brown rice
- 50g raw almonds
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 stalk of celery, quartered
- 1 large carrot, quartered
- 30g olive oil or butter
- 300g cubed chicken
- 1 litre water (if using paste), or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chicken stock paste (recipe below), or omit if using chicken stock
- 100g raw brown rice
- reserved rice and almond flour
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mill rice in Thermomix bowl 1 min/speed 9.
- Add almonds and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Remove rice and almond flour to a bowl and set aside.
- Place onion, garlic cloves, celery and carrot into TM bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Add oil or butter and cook 3 mins/100C/speed 1.
- Add chicken and cook 3 min/100C/speed 1.
- Add water and stock paste (or chicken stock), brown rice and reserved rice and almond flour and cook for 30 mins/100C/reverse/speed 1.
- Add parsley and peas and cook another 5 mins/100C/reverse/speed 1.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (if you use stock instead of paste and water you’ll need about 2 tsp salt). Stir and serve.
Nut free version
- Replace almonds with 50g sunflower seeds, or an extra 50g of brown rice.
Grain free version
- Omit rice. At start of recipe, grind 100g almonds (or cashews) and set aside, adding back in later in the recipe. If you like you can add 150g cauliflower rice with the nut meal, and cook the soup for approx 20-25 mins. (Cauliflower rice is made by chopping cauliflower florets for 5 sec/reverse/speed 5.)