Don’t you just love homemade lemon butter? The tangy, creamy, sweetness goes so well with a thick slice of homemade bread, hot out of the oven, used to fill tart cases, or just eaten off a spoon… Yum! I use honey in place of sugar, and coconut oil for a dairy free version. (If you can have butter, feel free to use that instead of coconut oil.) Try it with lime, too – it’s delicious!
- 60g Rapadura or 50g honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 80g coconut oil or butter or ghee
- 2 eggs
- Grind rapadura for 30 seconds on speed 9 (if using).
- Scrape down sides with spatula, insert butterfly, and add remaining ingredients.
- Cook 8 mins/80C/speed 3.
- The lemon butter should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Pour into a clean jar and keep in the fridge.
- I like to refrigerate overnight, then reblend on speed 5 until smooth and creamy. Delicious!
I have no idea how long this will last – it never lasts more than a few days at our house, because it goes quickly!