Want a healthy, instant ice-cream? We call this one ‘Peachy Dream’. It’s so creamy and delicious – you’d swear it was made out of peaches and cream, but there’s no dairy in it at all, it’s RAW, and it only has three healthy ingredients… fresh peaches, honey and egg whites! Make sure your peaches are ripe and juicy before you freeze them, and obviously the better the peaches, the better the ice cream. Enjoy!
See also Berry Fruity Dream for a berry version, or Dreamy Dragonberry Delight for a bright pink one.
Peaches ‘n’ Honey Fruity Dream
Write a review
- 600g of chopped peaches
- 50g raw honey or pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 fresh egg whites
- Peel, chop and freeze a bunch of fresh, ripe peaches.
- Weigh 600g of frozen peaches, and chop into approx 2cm cubes. Work quickly so they don't thaw out.
- Blend peaches 20 sec/speed 9, using the spatula to help mixture along. Scrape down sides and mix again if necessary.
- Add honey or syrup (if using) and egg whites and blend 5 sec/speed 6, to soften.
- Insert butterfly whisk and whip for 4-5 mins/speed 4. Mixture will fluff right up and reach the top of the bowl.
- Serve straight away!
- Freeze any leftovers, it won't freeze hard. Use within a week, or the 'fluffiness' goes away and it becomes a bit icy.
- Variation: you can use any frozen fruit for this recipe - mangoes are especially nice (although they won't whip quite as high), or nectarines, or a mixture of frozen melons.
Quirky Cooking https://www.quirkycooking.com.au/