Okay, don’t die of shock, but here’s another recipe – two in two days!! This is just a little one… I was going to post it on my Quirky Cooking Facebook Page but sometimes my ‘little recipes’ get a bit lost over there, never to be found again. A bit like yesterday’s recipe, which was nearly lost in my handbag, and I’ve been strongly encouraged by Helene of Super Kitchen Machine to use ‘post-it’ notes for my scribbles, not scraps of shopping lists, so that doesn’t happen again! (You’ve got to see her hilarious video here; so funny!)
This is a ‘juice’ I’ve been making for years, with many variations. Change it around with:
– raw cashews or blanched almonds or a handful of fresh coconut (or dry shredded coconut) instead of pecans;
– fresh pineapple or grapefruit or tangellos instead of the oranges;
– a raw egg added for extra protein;
– a big handful or two of raw baby spinach or other greens.
It’s a great way to start off the day – the enzymes and vitamin C in the fresh fruit and the minerals and protein in the nuts make a great combination! It’s thick and creamy like a smoothie, but without the dairy. If you like it sweeter, add a little raw honey. If you want it thinner, just add a little more water. Hope you like it!
- 3 or 4 peeled oranges, depending on size (or grapefruit, or pineapple)
- a couple of handfuls of raw pecans (or raw cashews, blanched almonds or fresh coconut)
- a couple of handfuls of ice cubes
- 100g water
- Toss all ingredients into your Thermomix bowl
- Whiz it all up on speed 9 for 2 minutes. Add some more water if you want it thinner, or a little honey or agave syrup if you want it sweeter.