Strawberry milk and chocolate cake for afternoon tea
Okay, here’s a really quick recipe for those of you who miss strawberry flavoured milk since you got healthy and stopped buying the sugar-filled fake stuff! This is my healthy, dairy free, sugar free version. It’s so simple it’s hardly even a recipe at all. But I decided to post it here instead of just on my Facebook page since I haven’t posted anything on my blog for about three weeks – eek!! And also because I keep getting hassled for the recipe. 😉 Keeping it simple tonight, had a big day, so here it is…
Oh, by the way, the cake in the photo above is also dairy free – and gluten free, egg free and naturally sweetened… here it is here: Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Cake.
Strawberry Milk (Dairy Free)
- 100g blanched almonds or raw cashews
- 2 or 3 big handfuls of ice cubes
- 1 punnet strawberries (250g), hulled
- 30g pure maple syrup or other sweetener, to taste
- 500g filtered water
- Grind almonds or cashew in your Thermomix for 20 seconds on speed 9
- Add ice and grind for another 10 seconds on speed 9
- Add remaining ingredients and blend for 1 minute on speed 9
- if you just have frozen strawberries, skip the ice and grind up the strawberries in step 2, then add water and sweetener.
Quirky Cooking https://www.quirkycooking.com.au/
That’s it! Enjoy 🙂