Here’s a deliciously simple recipe you can whip up at short notice… I made it tonight on the spur of the moment, and thought I’d better share! (Especially since there’s going to be a riot on my Facebook page if I don’t!!) You can make them either with gluten free flour, or spelt flour. They are dairy free and vegan and nut free, so that should keep quite a few of you happy!
The mudcake recipe is one I posted ages ago, with a recipe for orange sabayon.
Mudcake recipe here: Steamed Chocolate Mudcakes with Orange Sabayon.
For this raspberry version, just sprinkle some raspberries in the bottom of your silicon cupcake molds, pour the chocolate batter over (only to just over half way), and steam for 20 minutes at Varoma temp, speed 2.
While cakes are cooking, freeze a tin of coconut cream, unopened, without shaking it up. This is just so the thick cream rises to the top and gets firm – it doesn’t need to be frozen. You’ll also want to pick out enough whole raspberries for on top of the cakes, and set them aside.
When cakes are done, let them cool while you make the raspberry cream.
- 80g of frozen raspberries
- 30g pure maple syrup
- 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 150g thick coconut cream (scooped off the top of the tin of cream)
- Weigh frozen raspberries into the Thermomix bowl and mix on speed 5 for 10 seconds
- Add maple syrup, vanilla bean paste and coconut cream
- Mix on speed 5 until just combined. It's nice to have it a bit swirly, not just completely pink.
- Top the cooled cakes with raspberry coconut cream, a raspberry, and some grated dark chocolate.