Coconut caramel custard with bananas & macadamias
A reader told me the other day that she had been searching everywhere for my coconut caramel custard recipe on Facebook but couldn’t find it… Well, we can’t have that! This is so yummy (and quick and easy) that it really needs to be on my blog so it’s easier to find.
When I shared this on my Facebook page back in May, it got 164 shares and 466 likes and 136 comments. Yep, I think you really should try it.
So here it is… no need to say too much, except don’t blame me when you get up in the middle of the night to polish off the leftovers, okay?
Note: You can find vanilla powder for this recipe in my online store here!
- - 500g coconut milk (or 250g thick coconut cream + 250g water)
- - 60g coconut sugar (or Rapadura)
- - 1 large tsp vanilla bean paste
- - 2 Tbsp butter or ghee (optional, but awesome)
- - 20-30g arrowroot starch (depending how thick you like it)
- - 1/4 tsp Himalayan or sea salt
- - 2 eggs
- Just pop all the ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and cook for 7 mins/90C/speed 4.
- For an egg free version, just leave out the eggs and increase the starch/cornflour to 50-60g.
P.S. This custard is dangerously good on brownies. Just saying.