Okay, I’ll keep this short and sweet.
You guys want brownies. Grain free, dairy free, nut free brownies. At least I’m pretty sure you do, because when I posted the above photo on my Facebook page it got 181 shares, 1014 likes, and 229 comments!
So here it is. Your weekend treat. Enjoy
[Note: This is a Thermomix recipe – see end of page for tips for making this without a Thermomix.]
- - 200g dark, dairy free chocolate (I use either Green & Black's 70% cocoa chocolate which 'may contain traces of dairy', or Loving Earth dark chocolate which is completely dairy free)
- - 130g raw Medjool dates, pitted
- - 180g organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- - 30g coconut flour
- - 4 eggs
- - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- - 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line a 22cm square baking dish with baking paper. I use 'If You Care' baking paper, which is non-toxic.
- Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) into the mixing bowl and mill for 10 sec/speed 9.
- Add the dates to the bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 10.
- Add the coconut oil and cook 5 mins/60C/speed 2.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 20 sec/speed 8. Scrape down lid and sides of bowl and mix another 10 sec/speed 6.
- Scrape mixture into a lined, square baking dish. Bake in preheated 190C oven for 18-20 mins. Be careful not to overcook or they won't be gooey! Just until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into small squares, and refrigerate until cold.
- If you don't have a Thermomix, you'll need to finely chop the chocolate and dates (in a food processor if you have one) and melt together over a double boiler with the coconut oil, whisking until smooth. Then stir in the remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon.
PS It might be best to ‘share the love’ and invite a friend over for a cuppa and brownies… these are RICH, so don’t eat them all yourself! Lol!!
Have a great weekend xx