Okay, I’ll keep this short and sweet.
You guys want brownies. Grain free, dairy free, nut free brownies. At least I’m pretty sure you do, because when I posted the above photo on my Facebook page it got 181 shares, 1014 likes, and 229 comments!
So here it is. Your weekend treat. Enjoy
[Note: This is a Thermomix recipe – see end of page for tips for making this without a Thermomix.]
Gooey Flourless Fudge Brownies
- - 200g dark, dairy free chocolate (I use either Green & Black's 70% cocoa chocolate which 'may contain traces of dairy', or Loving Earth dark chocolate which is completely dairy free)
- - 130g raw Medjool dates, pitted
- - 180g organic cold-pressed coconut oil
- - 30g coconut flour
- - 4 eggs
- - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- - 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line a 22cm square baking dish with baking paper. I use 'If You Care' baking paper, which is non-toxic.
- Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) into the mixing bowl and mill for 10 sec/speed 9.
- Add the dates to the bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 10.
- Add the coconut oil and cook 5 mins/60C/speed 2.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix 20 sec/speed 8. Scrape down lid and sides of bowl and mix another 10 sec/speed 6.
- Scrape mixture into a lined, square baking dish. Bake in preheated 190C oven for 18-20 mins. Be careful not to overcook or they won't be gooey! Just until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool, cut into small squares, and refrigerate until cold.
- If you don't have a Thermomix, you'll need to finely chop the chocolate and dates (in a food processor if you have one) and melt together over a double boiler with the coconut oil, whisking until smooth. Then stir in the remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon.
Quirky Cooking https://www.quirkycooking.com.au/
Of course, you probably won’t be able to wait, but they really do taste so much more AMAZING when they’re cold and gooey and fudgey! Trust me.
Can be dusted with some raw cacao powder, or if you want to be really decadent, top with this dairy free ganache, or some dairy free dulce de leche!
PS It might be best to ‘share the love’ and invite a friend over for a cuppa and brownies… these are RICH, so don’t eat them all yourself! Lol!!
Have a great weekend xx
This one was quite popular with the taste testers!!