Meatball, Veggie & Bean Soup
2 pieces of wholemeal spelt/ gluten free bread
2 cloves organic garlic
1 large leek, chopped in chunks
1 carrot, quartered
1 celery stick, quartered
2 ripe juicy tomatoes, quartered
(or any other combination of veggies you prefer)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp veggie stock concentrate (or to taste)
2 Tbsp tomato paste
A couple handfuls of sliced mushrooms
1 tsp Italian herbs (dried)
Water (up to 2L mark)
500g beef/ turkey/ chicken mince
1 large egg
A dash of Tamari sauce
1 tin cooked cannelini beans
Water to top up soup to 2L again
1. Grind bread into crumbs and set aside.
2. Place garlic, onion, leek, carrot, celery, tomatoes in TMX bowl, and chop on speed 5 for about 5 seconds, or until consistency desired.
3. Add oil and sauté at 100 degrees for 5 minutes, reverse, speed 1.
4. Add stock, tomato paste, mushrooms, herbs, water to 2 litre and cook for 25 minutes, Varoma, reverse speed 2 (while making meatballs).
5. Meanwhile, mix together mince beef/turkey or chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, spices and Tamari sauce in a bowl and form into little bite-sized meatballs, and place them in the Varoma (both trays) spread slightly apart for the steam to get through.
6. Remove Varoma (put lid underneath to catch drips) and add beans and top up water to 2 litre mark again.
7. Replace Varoma, cook for 5 more minutes at Varoma, reverse, speed 1. Make sure meatballs are cooked!
8. Serve soup into bowls, add a few meatballs, and enjoy! (you can sprinkle with some grated parmesan if you have it!)