Tomato Sauce (Ketchup)September 17, 2009
Dairy-Free Spelt SconesSeptember 28, 2009
Hot chocolate made with Almond & Sunflower Seed Milk
Here’s another dairy-free milk for you to try… I made this one up this morning when I needed milk but didn’t want to wake everyone up by grinding rice at 6am! (I pulverised it on speed 6 at the end instead of speed 8, to make it a bit quieter, too!) This is sweeter and creamier than rice milk, and froths up really well – perfect for hot chocolate or cafe latte! Let me know what you think…
Almond Sunflower Seed Milk
- 50g raw almonds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 1 litre water
- 1 Tblspn coconut oil (or grapeseed oil)
- pinch sea salt
- 20g raw honey (opt.)
- Mill almonds and sunflower seeds for 15 - 20 sec/speed 9.
- Add water, oil, salt and honey and cook for 4 min/60C/speed 4.
- Blend 30 sec/speed 8.
- Strain through a nut milk bag into bottle or jar.
- Milk may sometimes separate, so shake before use.
Quirky Cooking https://www.quirkycooking.com.au/