This is such a quick, easy and delicious dessert which is a great dairy-free substitute for ice-cream. Make it in your Thermomix at your next dinner party and your guests are sure to be impressed! It always fascinates me the way the frozen, ground up berries whip up to fill the whole bowl – it’s beautiful! Thanks to Bron for this recipe, which she posted on the Thermomix Forum as Strawberry Foam… I just changed it a little as I found it way too sweet for my taste. You can use any frozen fruit (cut into small chunks) – strawberries, mango, peach, nectarine – whatever you like. Eat it straight away, or freeze and serve as a fluffy ice-cream – it doesn’t freeze solid, because of the egg whites. Enjoy!
- 80 to 100g Rapadura (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 600g frozen berries (or other frozen fruit)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice (opt.)
- Grind Rapadura on speed 9 for 20 seconds.
- Add berries and grind for 30 seconds on speed 9, scraping down as needed.
- Insert the butterfly, add remaining ingredients and whip for 3 minutes on speed 4.
Decorate with insecticide free rose petals if liked
You can use practically any type of frozen fruit, or a mixture of different fruits. You can also use honey instead of Rapadura to sweeten – use about 60g of honey, or to taste, added with the fruit.