Here’s an ice-cream recipe that is very quick and won’t make you feel guilty!!! It’s so healthy you can even eat if for breakfast – we do! It’s a great way to get the kids out of bed on a school day – just yell, ‘Chocolate ice-cream for breakfast!’ and they’ll come running. I always buy a few bags of over-ripe bananas when they’re in the throw-out box at the supermarket – just peel them and toss them in a bag and freeze them, then they’re ready for ice-cream anytime you want it. Cut them into pieces about an inch long before processing.
I don’t usually measure the amounts in this recipe – it’s very flexible. But I’ve added approximate amounts for those of you who want them.
- 500g frozen banana pieces (cut in 2cm chunks)
- 150g raw pecans or macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp of cacao powder (or organic cocoa powder)
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup/raw honey (opt)
- Toss into Thermomix bowl and process on speed 9 until it all comes together - about 30 seconds. It will be crumbly at first, but keep mixing and it will come together.
That’s it! Serve it immediately before it melts. This makes enough for 4 – 6 people.
Note: to make it even more special, you can add some Rapadura sweetened choc chips at the end!